By continuing to browse the site without changing your cookie settings, you accept that cookies will be used to adapt offerings to suit your interests. To manage and change these settings, click here
Working Holiday Programme (WHP) in Singapore
Want a taste of Asia? Travel under the Working Holiday Programme (WHP) and discover Singapore, a modern workplace and cosmopolitan city. Several countries have signed agreements with Singapore, allowing students or recent graduates to work and live there for up to six months. Get a Work Holiday Pass for Singapore and gain valuable experience by taking up short-term employment.
How to obtain a Work Holiday Pass for Singapore?
To get a Work Holiday Pass for Singapore, you must:
- be aged between 17 and 25 on the day you apply to join the WHP,
- be studying or have studied in a selected university in Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States of America,
- be studying or have studied in a university ranked among the top 200 of the Quacquarelli Symonds World University Rankings, the Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities or the Times Higher Education World University Rankings,
- have been enrolled in university for at least 3 month prior to application or be a former full-time student of the university,
- hold a valid passport (all nationalities accepted),
- hold a return ticket.
Having WHV insurance (health and repatriation cover) for the duration of the stay is also highly recommended.
Applying for a Work Holiday Pass for Singapore
What do you need to do to participate in the Working Holiday Programme in Singapore?
- Download and fill in the Work Holiday Pass application form.
- Provide the requested documents: copy of the identification pages if your passport, letter from the awarding institution, either a copy of degree or transcripts or a copy of the student card.
- Submit your application by email.
- If your application is approved, you will receive an In-Principle Approval Letter (IPA) by email (average processing time is 21 days).
- Request issue of the Work Holiday Pass via EP Online and pay the application fee.
- Print out the online notification letter.
- Make an e-appointment at Employment Pass Services Centre, where you or a third party will be able to collect your Pass.
The Work Holiday Pass for Singapore is your gateway to the Asian market and is valid for 6 months.