By continuing to browse the site without changing your cookie settings, you accept that cookies will be used to adapt offerings to suit your interests. To manage and change these settings, click here
Applying for a Schengen Visa
The procedure for obtaining a Schengen Visa may vary depending on the Embassy or Consulate but these are general guidelines.
Before leaving home, foreign nationals should apply for a Schengen Visa from the French consular authorities (or any other country in the Schengen Area). Each individual must make a separate application.
The Embassy or Consulate will provide a complete list of the required documents, the procedures to follow and the fees payable.
In all cases, your passport must have more than 3 months’ validity from the date of the visa. You will need to complete and sign a short stay visa application form and provide ID photos.
Supporting documents required:
- proof of purpose of visit to the Schengen area,
- proof of means of subsistence during the stay and accommodation arrangements,
- proof of travel and repatriation insurance valid in all countries of the Schengen Area,
- guarantee of repatriation to the country of residence (a return ticket or adequate personal means to purchase one),
- any document which will convince the consular authority of your intention to leave the Schengen Area when the visa expires.