By continuing to browse the site without changing your cookie settings, you accept that cookies will be used to adapt offerings to suit your interests. To manage and change these settings, click here
Interested in International Volunteering?
BEFORE your international assignment
DURING your international assignment
On assignment or about to leave? Take a look at the insurance cover selected by Ubifrance for their volunteers!
- Insurance for international volunteers
- Throughout your assignment, you are covered by international insurance, selected for you by Business France via Filhet Allard & Co. Your insurance cover is managed by APRIL International Expat.
- We will support you throughout the duration of your stay abroad with benefits and services tailored to your profile, from the very first day of your assignment, anywhere in the world.
- A comprehensive benefits package to help you deal with anything that might threaten to disrupt your stay abroad: medical expenses, repatriation assistance, personal liability...
- Insurance cover for you and your dependents, under certain conditions (spouse and children)
- A number of additional services to make life simpler: direct payment of hospital charges worldwide, emergency numbers available 24/7...
- Dedicated multilingual advisors to help you manage your cover.
- The international volunteers' top-up insurance
- As an International Volunteer, you are entitled to international insurance cover for the duration of your assignment, selected by Ubifrance via Filhet Allard & Co.
- You have the option of supplementing your healthcare cover with VI top-up insurance.
- Do you want to avoid having to contribute to costs if you're admitted to hospital or need to consult a doctor? Looking for improved dental cover? More extensive optical cover?
- Discover VI top-up, an insurance solution with higher healthcare reimbursement caps for you and your beneficiaries, as well as a medical advisory service (only available in French).
- It's simple: receive a single reimbursement including both the payment from the Ubifrance compulsory plan and the VI top-up payment.
What is VIE?
Volunteering for International Experience (VIE) was set up almost 15 years ago to give French companies the opportunity to hire young European graduates for professional assignments in their international subsidiaries. The VIE programme is available to nationals of the European Economic Area for assignments of between 6 and 24 months, renewable once. It is managed by the French Trade Commission (UBIFRANCE). To find out more about VIE, visit the Advice and Information section of our website on International Volunteering.
VIE Health Insurance
APRIL International, in partnership with Filhet Allard & Co, manages the insurance solution which UBIFRANCE provides to all its volunteers. VI UBIFRANCE cover is available to everyone taking part in the VIE programme and provides comprehensive insurance cover worldwide including medical expenses, repatriation assistance, personal liability, death & disability and special risks. Volunteers wishing to upgrade their medical cover can take out VI top-up insurance, an insurance solution that enhances the standard VI UBIFRANCE cover.
Are you on the VIE programme and looking for VIE-specific medical insurance to supplement your existing cover?
For almost 40 years, APRIL International has been specialising in health insurance for expatriates and travellers. Take a look at our top-up insurance solution specially designed for the VIE programme.